If you would like to help out on the course please feel free to read the information below or visit the Friends of Punderson website, or join us at one of our meetings. Please note the state is changing some of their volunteer requirements and some of the forms below may be outdated and they also may require a background check
Thousands of Ohioans have volunteered at Ohio State Parks and have enjoyed their experience while at the same time providing an invaluable service to the park system. Why not join them and find out what a great sense of satisfaction you can earn while make a valuable contribution to your favorite state park?
Each fall, a camp-out is held to thank all the volunteers for their service during that year. It’s always a great time!
There are three categories of volunteers:
- Individual Volunteers sign up to do a variety of duties, such as helping park staff with programs, special events, trail maintenance, litter control, and monitoring blue bird boxes, to name a few. Youngsters aged 5 to 12 years can sign up as Junior Volunteers to work alongside their parents or guardians, while young people aged 13 to 17 can sign up as Green Teens.
- Campground Host volunteers work in state park campgrounds doing a variety of duties, such as greeting campers, helping them set up their site, assisting with special events, picking up litter to name a few. In exchange for 20 hours of work per week, the Camground Host is provided with a complimentary camp site. Please note: Starting in 2014 Campground Hosts will be required to pass a background check.
- Group Volunteers include school, civic and scout groups that sign-up for such duties as trail maintenance, beach clean-ups, etc. Click here for information about the Adopt-A-Trail program. A wide variety of duties can be assigned to meet an individual’s skills; parks will work with the volunteer on a flexible schedule.
- Group Volunteer Agreement Form
- Individual Volunteer Agreement Form
- Campground Host Agreement Form
- Motor Vehicle Accident Insurance Form – This form is only for volunteers expected to operate park vehicles. A copy of a valid driver’s license must be submitted with this form and approved by the park manager.